Wax Cloth Care Instructions.
How To Clean Your Ironside Waxed Sherpa Jacket.
Dirt, dust and sand should be shaken or wiped off as it can have an abrasive effect on the garment. Rinse down the garment by hosing it off or rinsing it with COLD water only. A hose or shower is fine. A wet sponge is okay. Hang the garment to dry over night in a well ventilated area. Garment should be clean and dry before reproofing. To reproof, lay on flat surface and rub down entire garment with wax dressing (cream) using a dry soft cotton cloth. If wax is not spreading easily it can be softened, either by submerging the container of cream in another container of warm water; or by applying a hair dryer to the cream container for a short period of time until softening of cream occurs. Very little wax is needed. Pay special attention to seams. Wipe off any access cream. Allow to dry overnight in a well ventilated area.
What not to do to a waxed cotton garment:
- Do not use warm and/or hot water. This may affect the garments water proofing.
- Do not expose garment to prolonged or intense heat or sunlight.
- Do not Dry Clean a waxed cotton garment.
- Do not machine wash a waxed cotton garment.
- Do not use any soaps, solvents, or detergents to clean a waxed cotton garment.
- Do not attempt to iron or apply starch to a waxed cotton garment.