Our heaviest double black selvage to date! This is a phenomenal quality with a heavy slub yarn weighing in at a solid 19oz. We've never seen yarn texture as 'homespun' as used in this quality and its truly something special. The loom is set to a very low tension during the weaving process which enhances the texture of the slub yarn. The incredibly rich inky black surface character is the combo of thick, ropey warp yarns saturated in sulfur dye and weft yarn vat dyed in a reactive dye. Because the of the slub warp there will be high ridges of yarn that will immediately start chipping off and create a serious high/low contrast fade. Classic Red Selvage iD finishes off this stunner.
Such is the beauty of this selvage quality that it will satisfy even the most jaded denim head.
Limited, one time drop.
Size Chart page link here
- 19oz Japanese Double Black Selvage Denim
- All black stitching, leather patch & hardware.
- Sewn & chain stitched in all the right places on vintage Union Special, Reece & Singer machines.
- A & E core spun poly thread for maximum strength & durability.
- Black embroidered star insignia on the right back pocket represents ‘Made in America’ status.
- Button fly with double prong, donut style buttons. Old style pocket rivet burrs.
- All hardware is made in Kentucky.
- Leather back patches are cut & stamped in Los Angeles & waistband label is woven locally in Los Angeles.
- Every aspect of the production is US made in Downtown Los Angeles.