This fabric embodies the essence of the 'Three W's' we seek out when sourcing selvedge denim - Weight, Weave and (potential) Wabi-sabi. At a formidable 17oz this is a selvedge with a solid weight, an uneven weave and potential for exceptional patina. The surface has a highly textured cross hatch with a considerable amount of indigo coverage and minimal grin thru of weft yarn. The yarn is really the secret weapon here as it is thick and ropey with a super low tension weave using uneven slub yarns both in the warp and weft of the weave which is the key to achieving a selvage of this caliber cross hatch. Make sure to check out the back of the fabric for the unevenness caused by the slow cooked, low tension weaving that can only be attained on a shuttle loom.
As for the indigo shade, that doesn't disappoint either. A deep indigo base that will chip off as the jean is worn and washed throughout the break in process. With the layered dyeing the denim will acquire a multi-dimensional wabi-sabi (patina) of wear and tear as the yarn ages over the weeks and months. You will look and feel tough as nails in this quality.
Denim is SANFORIZED.
TRUE STRAIGHT is our most generous fit, with room thru the low hip, thigh, knee and a bottom opening that accommodates most boots.
Click here for size chart
- Red Orange top stitching for authentic denim aesthetic
- Sewn & chain stitched in all the right places on vintage Union Special, Reece & Singer machines.
- A & E core spun poly thread for maximum strength & durability.
- Embroidered star insignia on the right back pocket represents ‘Made in America’ status.
- Button fly with double prong, donut style buttons. Old style pocket rivet burrs.
- All hardware is made in Kentucky.
- Leather back patches are cut & stamped in Los Angeles & waistband label is woven locally in Los Angeles.
- Every aspect of the production is US made in Downtown Los Angeles.