WARNING: YOU HAVE IN-STOCK ITEMS IN THE SAME CART
Shipment of your in-stock items may be delayed 8-10 weeks until your pre-order item is ready for shipping. To ensure faster delivery of your in-stock items, we recommend making two separate orders - one for your pre-order items and one for your in-stock items.
The True Straight 15oz 'Heavy Sky' Japan Selvage Pre Order
Currently in Pre Order Phase.
We often acquire over runs and dead stock from our fabric sources in the US and Japan and this was an awesome find. A dark, pure indigo with a semi slubby yarn weighing in at a solid 15oz which in our opinion is the sweet spot between a medium and heavy weight. This is selvedge denim at its finest. In order to obtain the required deep shade of blue color the ropes (yarn) are immersed 5 – 6 times in a sequence of dye boxes with an oxidation range – so called skying – after each dye box. Having passed the dyeing and oxidation range the ropes are guided through 2 or 3 washing boxes to wash off excessive dye. In the last box softener is added to ease the opening of the ropes. They are dried in a series of cans. This is an extremely labor intensive dyeing method. There is no substitute for denim of this caliber. Woven in Japan by one of the most storied denim mills in the world and guaranteed to satisfy even the most jaded denim head. Sleep on this at your own peril...
Click here for size chart
- Our trademark Red Orange top stitching for authentic denim aesthetic
- Sewn & chain stitched in all the right places on vintage Union Special, Reece & Singer machines.
- A & E core spun poly thread for maximum strength & durability.
- Embroidered star insignia on the right back pocket represents ‘Made in America’ status.
- Button fly with double prong, donut style buttons. Old style pocket rivet burrs.
- All hardware is made in Kentucky.
- 6/7mm thick vegetable dye leather iD back patch.
- Leather back patches are cut & stamped in Los Angeles & waistband label is woven locally in Los Angeles.
- Every aspect of the production is US made in Downtown Los Angeles.