- 13oz RHT Black warp yarn x Natural fill yarn. Natural selvage iD.
- Rare Cone Mills sample development lot.
- Fades to a beautiful dusty black in time.
- An essential addition to your rotation of raws. Small batch production, limited stock.
- Style tip: When in doubt wear black.
The closing down of Cone Mills White Oak has certainly been one of the most disappointing events in denim history but the silver lining is we have been able to scour through their warehouses and get our hands on qualities that would never have seen the light of day had it not been for the shut down.
Here is one of those finds - a black denim warp yarn with a grey colored weft. This is by no means a double black quality but rather inspired by the black denims that you'd find in the 50's when jeans were practically outlawed by society and anyone who wore them were delinquents and outsiders. Yep, that kinda black.
At 13oz ounces these are period correct in terms of weight as most selvedge denim was between 10oz - 13oz during the first half of the 20th century and at that weight they're very wearable during the warm Summer months.
You can bet that Cone Mills made most of the denims back then that made this black quality infamous. Throw on a white tee and some black engineer boots for that eternal cool vibe. Here's your chance to cop a pair one last time...
TRUE STRAIGHT is comparable in fit to LEVI'S® 504® or NUDIE® JEANS STRAIGHT ALF
- Neutral tan top stitching for authentic denim aesthetic
- Sewn & chain stitched in all the right places on vintage Union Special, Reece & Singer machines.
- A & E core spun poly thread for maximum strength & durability.
- Embroidered star insignia on the right back pocket represents ‘Made in America’ status.
- Button fly with double prong, donut style buttons. Old style pocket rivet burrs.
- All hardware is made in Kentucky.
- Leather back patches are cut & stamped in Los Angeles & waistband label is woven locally in Los Angeles.
- Every aspect of the production is US made in Downtown Los Angeles.