Anytime we can source black stretch we don't hesitate to pull the trigger due to the fact that there's not a lot of this quality being produced. High quality, black selvage denim from a boutique Japanese Mill very rarely disappoints. This one is a 12oz 98% cotton, 2% Lycra double black stretch with black sulphur yarn dye in the warp and a black reactive dye in the weft. Translation = these will fade like your indigo selvage except that the fill yarn (horizontal yarn) is black instead of natural. The result will be a killer faded grey with jet black fill. The construction is a RHT 3 x 1 weave using an even yarn with minimal slub which gives the face of the fabric a much more uniform aesthetic. Classic red selvage iD.
Breaking in a pair of double black definitely has its own set of challenges and no self respecting denim head should ever shy away from the task as the reward is more than satisfying. This is a black that will deliver in spades and once fully broken in could possibly be one of the best pairs of denim in your quiver.
(click here for size chart)
- 12.5oz Japanese Double Black Power Stretch Selvage Denim
- All black stitching, leather patch & hardware.
- Sewn & chain stitched in all the right places on vintage Union Special, Reece & Singer machines.
- A & E core spun poly thread for maximum strength & durability.
- Black embroidered star insignia on the right back pocket represents ‘Made in America’ status.
- Button fly with double prong, donut style buttons. Old style pocket rivet burrs.
- All hardware is made in Kentucky.
- Leather back patches are cut & stamped in Los Angeles & waistband label is woven locally in Los Angeles.
- Every aspect of the production is US made in Downtown Los Angeles.