When we decided to introduce a stretch selvage we knew it had to be the best. We wanted a stretch that was only 'felt' but not 'seen' in other words a stretch that did not compromise the aesthetic of the selvage denim 'face' or surface. Where did we turn? Cone Mills of course! Cone Denim's SGENE® technology has created a new global standard for stretch selvage denim. The stretch filament is inserted first and is then wrapped in a cotton covering and spun to provide a soft cotton hand and natural appearance. The core spun stretch yarn doubles the performance of the fabric by adding more than one core. In fact, Cone spins their dual-core yarn in-house to maintain exceptionally high quality standards. The patented technology is hidden within the proprietary yarn, giving it twice the power. "Bagging knee" syndrome is virtually eliminated. The premium yarns and construction creates a fabric that remembers its shape.
Not only is this selvage packed with next level construction but is a 3x1 RHT with ARS x CRS. Shade is a super saturated true indigo with a beautiful vertical, tight slub warp yarn.
Simply put this is the world's best stretch selvage bar none. Whether you're a bike commuter, skater, musician or simply want a selvage that can move with your body no matter the occasion or vocation then look no further, you've found it. Now get it...
This fit runs true to size and is comparable to LEVI's 522 and Nudies Lean Dean fit.
(click here for size chart)
The top block is slightly narrower in the low hip/seat compared to the Slim Straight . A regular rise with a slimmer upper thigh (compared to the Slim Straight). Tapers to a narrow bottom opening. The narrow opening creates an impressive stacking effect around the ankles as it sits on 'top' of shoe rather than falling over it.
- Sewn & chain stitched in all the right places on vintage Union Special, Reece & Singer machines.
- A & E core spun poly thread for maximum strength & durability.
- Embroidered star insignia on the right back pocket represents ‘Made in America’ status.
- Button fly with double prong, donut style buttons. Old style pocket rivet burrs.
- All hardware is made in Kentucky.
- 8/9mm ultra heavy vegetable dye leather iD back patch.
- Leather back patches are cut & stamped in Los Angeles & waistband label is woven locally in Los Angeles.
Every aspect of the production is US made in Downtown Los Angeles.