It's not easy to source high quality, black x black selvage and truth be told, the denim mills hate making it. Why? It's more expensive to produce than indigo selvage and the black dye contaminates the looms. So we are pumped to offer a limited quantity of 14oz double black (black warp, black weft) ring/ring quality in both our Slim Straight and Skeleton Skinny styles. Breaking in a pair of double black definitely has its own set of challenges and no self respecting denim head should ever shy away from the task as the reward is more than satisfying. This weave in particular has a pronounced vertical slub that gives the face tons of character (as well as fade potential) and eliminates the 'flat' appearance that a double black often has. Not to mention the insane high/low effect that the whiskering and honeycombs will start to develop as they turn grey against the black contrast 'shadow' areas after a few months of consistent wear and a couple of soaks. This is a black that will deliver in spades and once fully broken in could possibly be the best pair of denim in your quiver.
SIZE CHART HERE
- 14oz Japanese Double Black Selvage Denim
- All Black stitching throughout
- All black hardware
- Black leather iD patch
- Sewn & chain stitched in all the right places on vintage Union Special, Reece & Singer machines.
- A & E core spun poly thread for maximum strength & durability.
- Black embroidered star insignia on the right back pocket represents ‘Made in America’ status.
- Button fly with double prong, donut style buttons. Old style pocket rivet burrs.
- All hardware is made in Kentucky.
- Leather back patches are cut & stamped in Los Angeles & waistband label is woven locally in Los Angeles.
- Every aspect of the production is US made in Downtown Los Angeles.