This was a great find due to the fact that there's just not a lot of double black stretch selvage being produced. This one is a 12.5 oz 98% cotton, 2% Lycra double black stretch with black sulphur yarn dye in the warp and a black reactive dye in the weft. Translation = these will fade like your indigo selvage except that the fill yarn (horizontal yarn) is black instead of natural. The result will be a killer faded grey with jet black fill. The construction is a RHT 3 x 1 weave using an even yarn with minimal slub which gives the face of the fabric a much more uniform aesthetic. Classic red selvage iD.
DELIVERS: EARLY/MID AUGUST
Click here for size chart
- 12.5oz double black Japanese selvage denim with red line iD ticker.
- Fabric 98% cotton 2% Elastane
- All black stitching throughout
- All black hardware
- Black leather iD patch
- Sewn & chain stitched in all the right places on vintage Union Special, Reece & Singer machines.
- A & E core spun poly thread for maximum strength & durability.
- Black embroidered star insignia on the right back pocket represents ‘Made in America’ status.
- Button fly with double prong, donut style buttons. Old style pocket rivet burrs.
- All hardware is made in Kentucky.
- Leather back patches are cut & stamped in Los Angeles & waistband label is woven locally in Los Angeles.
Every aspect of the production is US made in Downtown Los Angeles.