9oz Desert Sand Selvage Twill
With the first run selling out in 24hrs, here is another chance to reserve a pair of 9oz selvage chino's. This time we've sourced a quality from one of the best mills in Japan.The weight and hand of this cloth embody all of the qualities you'd expect from a shuttle loom - wearability, durability and exclusivity. Weaving selvage cloth is a very time consuming endeavor with one loom capable of weaving only enough cloth for 35 pairs of chino's in a twenty four hour period. That's about 2000 pairs less than a modern air jet loom. The desert sand color is a shade of khaki that is as classic as it is timeless and is neutral enough to wear with most colors. The final detail is the red selvage iD that adds a pop of color should you choose to cuff your chino's.
150 Pairs Available.
- 9oz Japan selvage cloth
Cloth is unwashed or 'Raw'.
- We designed a fit that was contemporary yet timeless - a modern heritage if you will and felt the best way to achieve this was by keeping the top block slightly easy fitting through the hip, the thigh and the knee.
- From the knee down we pulled in the leg to a more tapered bottom opening than would be traditionally done in relation to the top block. Looking at the images from the photo shoot we are very satisfied and think we nailed that balance in the silhouette.
- Take me to the Tapered Selvage Chino Sizing Chart
- The waistband is fully curtained with a natural twill.
- Selvage welt detail at coin pocket.
- Belt loops are tucked into the waistband for strength and are slightly wider.
- Button Fly - We decided to go with a two pronged metal shank button instead of the more traditional sew through button as we felt that the thread eventually gets compromised with wear which causes the button to become loose and possibly fall off. The 2-prong advantage means a more secure attachment that prevents button rotation, and avoids button "pull through" as well as years of integrity.
- Flat felled outer seam for less bulk and comfort.
- Two rear welted back pockets with flaps. Flaps can be 'invisible' by simply tucking them inside the back pocket.
- The back flap open top buttons are streamlined flat brass buttons.
- Chain stitched on the bottom hem.
Ships: End August
150 Pairs Available.