Pre Order Phase.
Ships: End December
The Slubverter is ready to overthrow the status quo of 'safe' denim. The warp on this quality is tightly woven with an irregular yarn that produces a prominent slub character on the face. This is an easy heavyweight to break in and after a few weeks of solid wear the yarns become supple and soft due to the long staple cotton. The dye is saturated with a green/black sulphur top that will gradually wear off and expose the blue indigo over time. There is not much grin thru from the weft yarn which affords the denim an overall edgier aesthetic compared to a more traditional indigo. We expect to see a great vertical fade on these 18's with a lot of contrast once the indigo starts chipping off the high ridges of the warp yarns. This vertical fading characteristic is also known as Tate-Ochi, or “vertical falls”, in Japanese. Traditional red selvage iD finishes off this single run lot.
Denim is SANFORIZED.
Click here for size chart
- Red Orange top stitching for authentic denim aesthetic.
- Sewn & chain stitched in all the right places on vintage Union Special, Reece & Singer machines.
- A & E core spun poly thread for maximum strength & durability.
- Button fly with double prong, donut style buttons. Old style pocket rivet burrs.
- All hardware is made in Kentucky.
- 6/7mm ultra thick milled vegetable tan leather back patches.
- Patches are cut & stamped in Los Angeles & waistband label is woven locally in Los Angeles.
- Every aspect of the production is US made in Downtown Los Angeles.