The Ironside Sherpa Fleece is back for Fall 2018! This jacket is a challenge to make in the USA due to the multi layered components and the time needed to sew the jacket. As you know time = $ which drives up the costs. Regardless of these obstacles we've decide to do one more drop in this iconic American jacket. Not only is it made here but its constructed with the quintessential Cone Mills selvege denim - the 13.5oz Blue Collar ring-ring weave. It has all the same exterior features as our regular Ironside jacket except the inside body is fully lined with sherpa fleece and the arms are lined with a black quilted nylon lining.
The fit is also based on the Ironside denim jacket except it is longer and slightly more oversized to accommodate the interior sherpa shell and quilted lining. The silhouette is straight on the body with armholes and sleeves designed for maximum mobility and comfort, featuring a total of four exterior pockets including side welt pockets that offer style and functionality. We've also included two interior pockets - the wearers left side is a deep welted pocket and the wearers right has a patch pocket with a selvedge seam detail that mimics our selvedge coin pocket on our denim jeans.
The story behind the new patch is that it was developed for our very first denim jacket back in 2006 when Brave Star exclusively used Cone Mills selvage denim. During the move to our new HQ we found a box of these patches and have been waiting for a jacket to get them sewn on. We thought this would be the perfect opportunity. Oversized enough for layering so wear it over our heavyweight fleece hoody or one of our flannel button downs, it's hard to go wrong with this iconic garment. Buy true to size for regular fit.
- 13.5oz 'Blue Collar' Cone Mills Selvage Denim.
- Double ring spun (ring ring) yarn.
- Deep pile Sherpa Fleece with large 'nap' texture.
- The overall effect is similar to real sheep’s wool, but sherpa lining is lighter weight, much less bulky, and faster-drying.
- Black quilted, fully lined arms.
- The arm shell is composed of nylon taffeta quilted to lightweight polyester for warmth.
- The only Sherpa Fleece Selvage jacket currently being produced in the United States.
- The collar is lined with the same sherpa lining as the interior. This feature is functional as the fast-drying sherpa lining won’t get sodden from snow or rain as quickly as a cotton collar.
- Fully lined interior both body and arms
- Shell (Sherpa fleece lined) / Arms (Quilted nylon lining)
- two exterior side pockets
- two exterior chest pockets w/ button flaps
- two interior pockets/one welted internal pocket and one patch pocket.
- Flat felled interior seams.
- embroidered star insignia on back yoke represents 'Made in America' status.
Care Instructions: Soak cold w/ non bleach, mild detergent and air dry.
Size Specs: See Our Jacket Fit Sizing Here