Ironside Jacket 15oz 'X70 Cone Mills Selvage Denim
A rare cone mills 15oz that we acquired last year and have been holding in our reserves. The 'X' in the style number usually referenced a quality that was run for Levis when they were still utilizing the White Oak, NC plant. This is very reminiscent of the Unfinished 14oz that we ran for years before depleting our stock. It has that hairy face that is a characteristic of unsinged selvage. This is achieved by skipping the final finishing process known as singeing or gassing of the fabric where the denim is passed over a controlled gas flame. During the breaking in process the hairiness wears off and the beauty of the indigo starts wearing through with the final result being a classic broken in selvage that is very representative of selvage from the 40's and 50's. If you're looking for an authentic American workwear selvage denim then we would highly recommend considering adding this to your rotation.
- We are offering custom sleeve shortening service exclusively on this jacket before rolling it out to all of our jackets.
The link to this service is HERE
- Embroidered Star on back yoke
- two exterior side (hand warmer) pockets
- two exterior chest pockets w/ button flaps
- two interior pockets
- Interior Selvedge Plackets
- Selvedge detail waistband adjustment tab (left side)
- Flat felled interior seams.
- leather cowhide interior patch.
Please select all options.