CONE MILLS R.I.P 1905 - 2017
On Oct 18th 2017, Cone Mills announced that after 112 years in business they would be officially ceasing all production and operations and permanently close the White Oak plant in North Carolina as of Dec 31st 2017. Cone is the oldest operating denim mill in the world and is the last to weave selvedge denim in the US.
Owning a pair of Cone Mills selvedge denim woven at the White Oak plant will not only be a badge of honor but a necessary addition to any serious or aspiring denim heads collection. Do not miss this opportunity to add this quality to your rotation while supplies last.
Last year we released a small lot of this quality which had a strong vintage pedigree due to the multi yarn used in the warp. We were fortunate to pick up another lot but in a slightly heavier quality. Multi yarn is a yarn combo of mixed warp featuring a rough ring, smooth ring and Amsler patterned yarns. The fill yarn is a smooth ring. This gives the jean an authentic heritage aesthetic reminiscent of selvage at the turn of the 20th century when denim was still in its infancy. The smooth ring fill gives the jean a supple broken in feel right from the first wear. The yarn is rope dyed with a red cast indigo shade which is another great heritage throwback effect. American selvage denim thru and thru and will fade down to a classic vintage blue. Red selvage iD ticker.
CLICK HERE FOR SIZE CHART
- Red Orange top stitching with Natural leather patch and antique brass hardware.
- Sewn & chain stitched in all the right places on vintage Union Special, Reece & Singer machines.
- A & E core spun poly thread for maximum strength & durability.
- Tonal embroidered star insignia on the right back pocket represents ‘Made in America’ status.
- Button fly with double prong, donut style buttons. Old style pocket rivet burrs.
- All hardware is made in Kentucky.
- Leather back patches are cut & stamped in Los Angeles & waistband label is woven locally in Los Angeles.
- Every aspect of the production is US made in Downtown Los Angeles.