Last drop of Blue Collar is now live for pre-order. Click Here
CONE MILLS R.I.P 1905 - 2017
On Oct 18th Cone Mills announced that after 112 years in business they would be officially ceasing all production and operations and permanently close the White Oak plant in North Carolina as of Dec 31st 2017. Cone is the oldest operating denim mill in the world and is the last to weave selvedge denim in the US.
Owning a pair of Cone Mills selvedge denim woven at the White Oak plant will not only be a badge of honor but a necessary addition to any serious or aspiring denim heads collection. Do not miss this opportunity to add this quality to your rotation while supplies last.
This is our last 13.5oz weight from Cone and we're more than pumped to have these on the shelves. Why? Quintessential working class American selvage denim. The kind that built this country and personified the term 'blue collar worker'. Before open end yarn took over in the 70's (low cost way of spinning yarn) all denim was woven with ring-ring yarn (time consuming and costly). Double ring spun yarn (or ring-ring yarn) means that both the warp and weft are ring spun. This is the traditional and more expensive way to weave denim and it produces the strongest and highest quality selvage bar none.This is why denim back in the day had such durability and could be used for most manual labor work. The indigo is one of Cone's darkest shades called Shade 18. Combined with the ring-ring yarn there is virtually no 'grin thru' from the weft yarn at all. Solid 3 x1 RHT. This is a quality that won't quit and is just perfect to take a year round beating. American selvage at its finest. Red selvage iD.
Size Chart Here
- Red Orange top stitching for authentic denim aesthetic
- Sewn & chain stitched in all the right places on vintage Union Special, Reece & Singer machines.
- A & E core spun poly thread for maximum strength & durability.
- Embroidered star insignia on the right back pocket represents ‘Made in America’ status.
- Button fly with double prong, donut style buttons. Old style pocket rivet burrs.
- All hardware is made in Kentucky.
- 8/9mm ultra thick, vegetable dyed leather iD patch.
- Leather back patches are cut & stamped in Los Angeles & waistband label is woven locally in Los Angeles.
- Every aspect of the production is US made in Downtown Los Angeles.