How The West Was Worn.
The cousin of denim has some key differences that make it such a versatile fabric. Firstly, when it’s woven – the warp and the weft of the fabric cross equally giving it a one times one structure. The warp has been yarn dyed and the weft yarn remains undyed.This is called a plain weave whereas denim has a twill weave. This plain weave is what gives the fabric its lighter weight without compromising strength or integrity. Upholstery fabrics utilize a plain weave for the same reason.
In fact, it’s so durable and comfortable that in 1901, the US navy made it the fabric of their official uniform, something that continued all the way through to the end of World War II. The uniform consisted of darker denim trousers with a lighter long or short sleeve chambray shirt, layered over a white tee.
J.D. Estes at the Naval Air Base, Corpus Christi, Texas Aug 1943.
- 6oz Japanese Selvage Chambray
- Vintage 'pearl snap' motif YKK snaps.
- Front chest pockets w/sawtooth snap button flaps.
- Front and back western style yoke.
- Long sleeves with snapped barrel cuffs.
- Chain stitch on side seams. arm seams and shoulder seams.
- Single and Double needle work on all other seams.
- Scalloped bottom hem for shape.
- Made in Los Angeles.
We wanted to combine a modern, tailored look with enough proportion to fit most body types. The mid -section has a slight contour for shape and to eliminate excess fabric in the tail. The length hits right at the low hip with enough of a tail to tuck but can also be worn untucked.
- X-Small: Chest (Flat) 21" / Shoulder 16.5 / Length: 27" / Sleeve: 25"
- Small: Chest (Flat) 21 1/2" / Shoulder 17.5 / Length: 27 1/2" / Sleeve: 25.5"
- Medium: Chest (Flat) 22 1/4" / Shoulder 18.5 / Length: 28" / Sleeve: 26.5"
- Large: Chest (Flat) 23" / Shoulder 19.5 / Length: 28 1/2" / Sleeve: 27.5"
- X-Large: Chest (Flat) 23 3/4" / Shoulder 20.5 / Length: 29 " / Sleeve: 28"
- XX-Large: Chest (Flat) 24 1/2" / Shoulder 21.5 / Length: 29 1/2" / Sleeve: 28"
- XXX-Large: Chest (Flat) 25 1/4 / Shoulder 21.5/ Length: 30”/ Sleeve: 28.5”
CARE INSTRUCTIONS: Wash in warm water with mild, non-chlorine detergent by hand or gentle cycle only. Low tumble or Hang dry.
Now In Pre Order Phase.