A lot of attention is often given to the heavier weight qualities but that doesn't mean the lighter weights should be overlooked. Any serious denim head should have a couple of lighter weight options in their rotation quiver. As with our previous light weight qualities we sourced this from the notorious Cone Mills and was one of the last lightweight qualities we bought from them before they closed the White Oak plant down. We can confidently say that Cone has mastered selvedge in these type of weights and often go deep into their 120 year library for inspiration.
The shade is a stunner - a dark indigo with some sulphur. The unevenness of the slub yarns allow just the right amount of grin thru from the weft that offsets the indigo from becoming too overwhelmingly saturated on the face. The construction is a solid 3 x 1 right hand twill that still takes a beating despite its lighter weight.
This a weight that you can rarely go wrong with. We consider this a year round denim for those that don't live in extreme weather conditions. This selvedge is great for first timers wanting a weight that is all about wearability as well as seasoned denim heads looking for options that represent authentic American selvedge.
The top block is slightly narrower in the low hip/seat compared to the Slim Straight . A regular rise with a slimmer upper thigh (compared to the Slim Straight). Tapers to a narrow bottom opening. The narrow opening creates an impressive stacking effect around the ankles as it sits on 'top' of shoe rather than falling over it.
Fit Tip: For a fitted, slim silhouette buy your true size or size up one size for a slightly looser silhouette.
click here for size chart
- Red Orange top stitching for authentic denim aesthetic
- Sewn & chain stitched in all the right places on vintage Union Special, Reece & Singer machines.
- A & E core spun poly thread for maximum strength & durability.
- Embroidered star insignia on the right back pocket represents ‘Made in America’ status.
- Button fly with double prong, donut style buttons. Old style pocket rivet burrs.
- All hardware is made in Kentucky.
- Leather back patches are cut & stamped in Los Angeles & waistband label is woven locally in Los Angeles.
- Every aspect of the production is US made in Downtown Los Angeles.