The Short Version:
- Cone 13.5oz 'Golden Gate' inspired Orange colored iD
- Stunning Indigo shade.
- Slim Taper, Slim Straight and True Straight Pre Order
The Long Version:
Cone has two interpretations of this selvage quality - one version has a subtle, narrower orange iD and a second more coveted version with a wider and brighter 'Golden Gate' orange colored iD. When we received this shipment we weren't sure which version we were going to get but the selvage gods were gracious and blessed us with the rare 'Golden Gate' version. The 'unofficial' story on this unique color iD is that Cone Mills wanted to pay homage to California, the spiritual birthplace of the jean and chose the particular color orange of the Golden Gate bridge as its inspiration for this selvage iD. They nailed it. We could go on and on about the rich indigo dye color, the perfect year round weight etc but words do this denim a disservice when attempting to describe the true beauty of this quality. Take a second to scroll back up to the fabric swatch pic and let your eyes soak in the perfect harmonious color profiles of the orange, white and blue combo. It surely is something to behold. One day when your grand kids ask you what Made In The USA selvage denim used to look like you can show them this Golden Gate beauty with pride.
SLIM STRAIGHT is comparable in fit to LEVI'S® 511™ SLIM FIT or NUDIE® JEANS GRIM TIM.
- Red Orange top stitching for authentic denim aesthetic
- Sewn & chain stitched in all the right places on vintage Union Special, Reece & Singer machines.
- A & E core spun poly thread for maximum strength & durability.
- Embroidered star insignia on the right back pocket represents ‘Made in America’ status.
- Button fly with double prong, donut style buttons. Old style pocket rivet burrs.
- All hardware is made in Kentucky.
- Leather back patches are cut & stamped in Los Angeles & waistband label is woven locally in Los Angeles.
- Every aspect of the production is US made in Downtown Los Angeles.