Pre Order is now live!
Start Ship: End December/Beginning Jan 2019
Pre Order Price: $85
In Stock Price: $98
CONE MILLS R.I.P 1905 - 2017
On Oct 18th Cone Mills announced that after 112 years in business they would be officially ceasing all production and operations and permanently close the White Oak plant in North Carolina as of Dec 31st 2017. Cone is the oldest operating denim mill in the world and is the last to weave selvedge denim in the US.
Owning a pair of Cone Mills selvedge denim woven at the White Oak plant will not only be a badge of honor but a necessary addition to any serious or aspiring denim heads collection. Do not miss this opportunity to add this quality to your rotation while supplies last.
Cone is well known for putting out consistent, hard wearing selvage - the kind that built this country and made the term 'Blue Collar' synonymous with American selvage so when they the veer slightly off their chosen path its usually with spectacular results and none more so than this 14oz. The character of this quality is of a rough, open weave with a slight crosshatch and plenty of inconsistencies due to the low tension weave. The uniqueness is the visible hairiness on the face thats achieved by skipping the final finishing process known as singeing or gassing of the fabric where the denim is passed over a controlled gas flame. A classic red selvage iD is the perfect choice for this All American classic.
CLICK HERE FOR SIZE CHART
- Red Orange top stitching with Natural leather patch and antique brass hardware.
- Sewn & chain stitched in all the right places on vintage Union Special, Reece & Singer machines.
- A & E core spun poly thread for maximum strength & durability.
- Tonal embroidered star insignia on the right back pocket represents ‘Made in America’ status.
- Button fly with double prong, donut style buttons. Old style pocket rivet burrs.
- All hardware is made in Kentucky.
- Leather back patches are cut & stamped in Los Angeles & waistband label is woven locally in Los Angeles.
- Every aspect of the production is US made in Downtown Los Angeles.