The Short Version:
Simply put this is the world's best stretch selvage bar none. The trifecta of S Gene technology, homespun yarns and hefty 14oz weight make these an instant contender in any raw denim aficionados rotation. Whether you're a biker, bike commuter, skater, musician or simply want a selvage that can move with your body no matter the occasion or vocation then look no further, you've found it.
The Long Version:
This Cone quality in particular is a rare find because we have only ever seen a couple other stretch indigo selvages from Cone and that was in the lighter weight 11/12oz range. To get a heavier 14oz stretch (99% cotton/1% stretch) in a stunning deep indigo is really the best of both worlds in our opinion. This is a stretch that can only be 'felt' and not 'seen' - in other words a stretch that does not compromise the aesthetic of the selvage denim 'face' or surface. This 14oz in particular also features Cones 'Homespun Yarn' a yarn that has been engineered to have a 'slubby' character not usually found in stretch qualities that even further enhances the 100% cotton appearance and is guaranteed to deliver fades in spades.
Cone Denim's proprietary S-GENE® technology is the key here. This is a process in which the stretch filament is inserted first and is then wrapped in a cotton covering and spun to provide a soft cotton hand and natural appearance. The core spun stretch yarn doubles the performance of the fabric by adding more than one core. In fact, Cone spun all their dual-core yarn in-house to maintain their exceptionally high quality standards. The patented technology is hidden within the proprietary yarn, giving it twice the power. "Bagging knee" syndrome is virtually eliminated. The premium yarns and construction creates a fabric that remembers its shape.
Need we say more...
Click here for size chart
- Red Orange top stitching for authentic denim aesthetic
- Sewn & chain stitched in all the right places on vintage Union Special, Reece & Singer machines.
- A & E core spun poly thread for maximum strength & durability.
- Embroidered star insignia on the right back pocket represents ‘Made in America’ status.
- Button fly with double prong, donut style buttons. Old style pocket rivet burrs.
- All hardware is made in Kentucky.
- Leather back patches are cut & stamped in Los Angeles & waistband label is woven locally in Los Angeles.
- Every aspect of the production is US made in Downtown Los Angeles.
Currently In Pre Order Phase.