The timeless aesthetic of our Outsider Jacket originally got its start as the 'Ike' Jacket which was named for General Dwight D Eisenhower. General Eisenhower ('Ike') was famous for reinventing the US Army's M43 field Jacket after being inspired by the English Army's own field Jacket. The biggest innovation was in the length which he 'cropped' to allow ease of movement and mobility in fast moving battle scenarios. Thanks to its greater comfort and the unobstructed ease it offered while operating a vehicle or brandishing a side-arm, the Ike jacket design became a popular post-WWII civilian staple as the men returning to the workforce weren't so quick to give up their battle gear especially when it proved as functional in civilian life as it did in war time.
Continuing with this philosophy of functionality, we've designed our version to be a streamlined & minimalistic modern day classic. All great design starts with quality materials and the Outsider does not disappoint.
The fit is generous and is designed for ease of movement and functionality and sits right at the low waist. The armholes are designed to be deep and create no constriction of movement. If desired this jacket can easily be worn with a thick fleece hoodie or pullover underneath for an extra layer of warmth. The waistband can be cinched if needed due to the adjustable side tabs.
SIZE CHART HERE
Materials & Features:
- For the debut production run, we have used some of the highly coveted and rare 9oz Cramerton selvedge twill from the now shuttered Brighton Mills/Galey & Lord Mill. Brighton Mills was established in 1886 and closed permanently in May of 2016. Brighton/Galey and Lord exclusively produced the selvedge twill used in the production of all US Army uniforms from WW11 thru the Vietnam war. Fortunately, we were doing business with them when the announcement of the closure happened and we managed to secure yardage of this historic fabric before they shuttered the mill.
- The inside of the jacket features a fully lined shell (body and arms) with a diamond quilted 4oz black nylon produced exclusively for us in Los Angeles.
- The front zipper is a quality YKK #10 for fast and easy access to the interior right side chest pocket. The interior chest pocket is deep and wide enough for a phone, wallet or any other valuables you need for safe keeping for a night out or a ride on your motorcycle.
- Two side external, single welt pockets with 5oz black cotton twill lining.
- Adjustable waistband side tabs w/ red selvedge iD detail.
- Made in the USA (of course).