The Ironside Sherpa Jacket
If there is a jacket that embodies the spirit of the outdoors, it's the denim sherpa. Aggressively functional in its ability to keep you warm and dry there is no substitute for a more hard wearing, ready-to-work jacket. Based on the classic Type III style this iconic American design is infused with a moisture wicking, deep pile faux sherpa lining which mimics the original sheep wool garment that has been worn since the dawn of mankind. The poly-acrylic lining, when bonded to a heavier denim shell creates a tough, wind proof option that insulates against the cold. The arms are lined with a 1/4 inch nylon taffeta quilted to poly lining that provide the same level of insulation and moisture wicking properties as the sherpa.
Fully cut and sewn in Los Angeles with the strongest poly-core cotton thread this jacket is built to last. Even though functionality is the core design motivation, there is a stylish, yet understated ruggedness that elevates the sherpa denim jacket to the pinnacle of timeless American design.
Fit & Details:
The fit is based on the Ironside denim jacket except it is longer and slightly more oversized to accommodate the interior sherpa shell and quilted lining. The silhouette is straight on the body with armholes and sleeves designed for maximum mobility and comfort, featuring a total of four exterior pockets including side welt pockets that offer a vintage style and functionality. We've also included two interior pockets - the wearers left side is a deep welted pocket and the wearers right has a 5"W x 6"H patch pocket with a selvedge seam detail that mimics our selvedge coin pocket on our denim jeans.
Buy true to size for regular fit and if you plan on layering with flannel then size up.
- 14oz Japan Selvage Denim.
- Woven with Pearl yarn.
- Deep pile Sherpa Fleece with large 'nap' texture.
- The overall effect is similar to real sheep’s wool, but sherpa lining is lighter weight, much less bulky, and faster-drying.
- Black quilted, fully lined arms.
- The arm shell is composed of nylon taffeta diamond quilted to lightweight polyester for warmth.
- The only sherpa fleece selvage denim jacket currently being produced in the United States at this price point.
- The collar is lined with the same sherpa lining as the interior. This feature is functional as the fast-drying sherpa lining won’t get sodden from snow or rain as quickly as a cotton collar.
- Fully lined interior both body and arms
- Shell (Sherpa fleece lined) / Arms (Quilted nylon lining)
- Two exterior side pockets
- Two exterior chest pockets w/ button flaps
- Two interior pockets/one welted internal pocket and one patch pocket.
- Flat felled interior seams.
- Embroidered star insignia on back yoke represents 'Made in America' status.
Care Instructions: Soak cold w/ non bleach, mild detergent and air dry.
Size Specs: See Our Jacket Fit Sizing Here