This jacket is a challenge to make due to the multi layered components, sew time needed and cost but some things deserve to be made in America.
Regardless of these obstacles we are committed to continue manufacturing this iconic American jacket at a fair price. This Fall we have decided on an exceptional, textured double black selvage denim from Japan. This quality is a 13.5 oz 100% cotton featuring a slubby warp with a black sulphur yarn dye and a black reactive dye in the weft. Translation = these will fade like your indigo selvage except that the fill yarn (horizontal yarn) is black instead of natural. The result will be a killer faded grey with jet black fill. Classic red selvage iD.
This jacket has all the same exterior features as our regular Ironside except the interior shell (body) is fully lined with sherpa fleece and the arms are lined with a black quilted nylon lining. The sherpa is woven with a synthetic pile that is both quick drying and extra warm and the quilted shell lining is extremely comfortable and lightweight making this jacket an absolute pleasure to break in!
The fit is based on the Ironside denim jacket except it is longer and slightly more oversized to accommodate the interior sherpa shell and quilted lining. The silhouette is straight on the body with armholes and sleeves designed for maximum mobility and comfort, featuring a total of four exterior pockets including side welt pockets that offer a vintage style and functionality. We've also included two interior pockets - the wearers left side is a deep welted pocket and the wearers right has a 5'"W x 6"H patch pocket with a selvedge seam detail that mimics our selvedge coin pocket on our denim jeans.
Oversized enough for layering over a fleece sweatshirt or hoody, it's hard to go wrong with this iconic garment. Buy true to size for regular fit and if you plan on layering with flannel etc. Size down if you don't plan on layering and will be wearing with just a tshirt or single layer of clothing.
Now available in XXXL sizes as well - don't sleep on this one...
- Japanese Selvage Denim.
- Double ring spun (ring ring) yarn.
- Deep pile Sherpa Fleece with large 'nap' texture.
- The overall effect is similar to real sheep’s wool, but sherpa lining is lighter weight, much less bulky, and faster-drying.
- Black quilted, fully lined arms.
- The arm shell is composed of nylon taffeta quilted to lightweight polyester for warmth.
- The only Sherpa Fleece Selvage jacket currently being produced in the United States.
- The collar is lined with the same sherpa lining as the interior. This feature is functional as the fast-drying sherpa lining won’t get sodden from snow or rain as quickly as a cotton collar.
- Fully lined interior both body and arms
- Shell (Sherpa fleece lined) / Arms (Quilted nylon lining)
- two exterior side pockets
- two exterior chest pockets w/ button flaps
- two interior pockets/one welted internal pocket and one patch pocket.
- Flat felled interior seams.
- embroidered star insignia on back yoke represents 'Made in America' status.
Care Instructions: Soak cold w/ non bleach, mild detergent and air dry.
Size Specs: See Our Jacket Fit Sizing Here