- Two exterior chest pockets w/ button flaps
- Two large interior patch pockets for every day carry
- Split back panel with selvage detail on inside.
- 6.5oz Wool blend Japanese Flannel interior pockets
- Selvage locker loop
- Interior selvedge plackets
- Selvedge detail waistband adjustment tab (Right side)
- Brave Star Insignia embroidered on the back yoke.
- Branded leather cowhide interior patch.
A 13.5oz natural rope dyed indigo yarn, superbly woven at one of the finest Japanese mills. The fabric has a crisp hand due to the extra starch which also gives structure to the drape.
Standard fit and square through the waist.
SIZING CHART HERE
This style is commonly known as the 'Type 2' jacket. It was first introduced in 1953 and was ubiquitous by the time it played a starring role in the seminal Terence Malick film 'Badlands' featuring a very cool Martin Sheen channeling his inner James Dean. Slightly longer and less boxy than its predecessor, the 'Type 1', it cut a modern yet timeless silhouette that has continued to endure to this day. We've reinforced the seams with a triple stitch flat felled lock seam and made it more practical by adding two interior pockets for your everyday carry. The interior pockets are constructed from 6.5oz Japanese wool blend flannel. A split back panel with bartack stitch detail and selvage detail on the inside.
The Badlands jacket is exclusively Made In The USA from US sourced selvage denim and hardware thus honoring the heritage of the original style.