On October 18th, 2017, we heard the news that Cone Mills would be closing their last American plant, White Oak, in Greensboro North Carolina at the end of 2017. After 112 years in business they would close the final chapter on American fly shuttle loom weaving as they were the oldest operating denim mill in the world and the last to weave selvage denim in the USA.
To commemorate the closing and pay homage to the White Oak plant one year later, we've hand screen printed a limited run of authentic White Oak selvage denim banners as a memorabilia wall hanging so denim heads can always have a piece of American denim history in their possession without having to worry about wearing it out as a pair of jeans or jacket.
With reinforced eyelets for hanging and chain-stitched edges, this wall hanging is the perfect addition for your home, studio, or workspace. Perfect for yourself or as a gift for your denim loving friend.
Wall Hanging Details
- 36 x 31 inches wide
- Heritage Cone Mils Greensboro graphic design hand screen-printed onto the denim
- Featuring various Cone Mills selvage denims (selvage id line color chosen at random. Fabrics will have various blemishes on the denim as apart of the natural inconsistencies of selvage denim).
- Non selvage edges are chain-stitched on the iconic and ultra rare US43200g
- Our first batch will be 100 wall hangings, each screen printed on the back and numbered 1 thru 100
- Brave Star Icon Label and Cone Mills official label both sewn on bottom right hand corner.
- Four brass eyelets for hanging.
- Ships out rolled in a rigid 3 ply spiral wound mailing tube to eliminate creases.
- NOTE: International orders and orders with multiple items will be shipped flat packed and not in a mailing tube.