This was our first 14oz weight from Kurabo and we're more than pumped to have these on the shelves again. Why? One of the best mills in the world making some of the best selvage denim available. At a solid 14oz this selvedge feels substantial enough to be mistaken for a heavier weight although once on you immediately feel the suppleness of the long staple cotton which makes this denim a pleasure to break in right from the start and can easily be worn year round as a go to denim. The weave has just the right combo of weft crosshatch with medium slub yarns for a textured surface aesthetic that will only get more interesting and complex with wear. The color is a deep and rich looking natural indigo that gives this cloth an intense shade or 'Kuro' which means 'dark' in Japanese. 'Kuro' can also mean 'black' (it's a complex language, just like their denims) which is the color of the selvage iD that gives this denim the edge it deserves.
SLIM STRAIGHT is comparable in fit to LEVI'S® 511™ SLIM FIT or NUDIE® JEANS GRIM TIM.
Click here for size chart
- All over tonal navy topstitch.
- All black hardware and heavyweight black leather patch.
- A & E core spun poly thread for maximum strength & durability.
- Embroidered Black Star insignia on the right back pocket represents ‘Made in America’ status.
- Sewn & chain stitched in all the right places on vintage Union Special, Reece & Singer machines.
- Button fly with double prong, donut style buttons. Old style pocket rivet burrs.
- All hardware is made in Kentucky.
- Leather back patches are cut & stamped in Los Angeles & waistband label is woven locally in Los Angeles.
- Every aspect of the production is US made in Downtown Los Angeles.