Currently in Pre Order Phase.
Ships: End March
Selvage denim of this weight and caliber are rare, expensive and very difficult to manufacture here in USA due to the sheer weight, thickness of the yarn and time factor involved in slowing down the production line.
Each sewing operation has to be considered and necessary adjustments need to be made to accommodate the weight. Our sewing operators are required to wear safety goggles during the sewing process due the frequent exploding needles which can be quite dangerous. Needless to say it's extremely time consuming due to the half speed at which the operations can be accomplished and it's a very labor intensive production process.
The yarns used to weave this weight are two NE 3.5s yarns which enables the density and strength of a full 22oz's but ensures a wearability that is not much beyond a 18oz.
- 18oz Super Heavyweight Selvage
- 3X1 RHT Japanese Denim
- Ultra Dark Rope Indigo
- No Slub
- Extra Long Staple Cotton
- Red Selvage iD
- Denim is Sanforized.
- Red Orange top stitching for authentic denim aesthetic.
- Sewn & chain stitched in all the right places on vintage Union Special, Reece & Singer machines.
- A & E core spun poly thread for maximum strength & durability.
- Button fly with double prong, donut style buttons. Old style pocket rivet burrs.
- All hardware is made in Kentucky.
- 6/7mm thick milled vegetable tan leather back patches.
- Patches are cut & stamped in Los Angeles & waistband label is woven locally in Los Angeles.
- Every aspect of the production is US made in Downtown Los Angeles.
Taking the aforementioned challenges into consideration this is a huge value at $158.
Click here for size chart