Pre Order Phase.
Ships: Mid December
We picked up a small lot of 18oz with just enough for a 'one and done' size run. These lots are special because they are so random and are limited in quantity. The warp yarn on this quality is tightly woven with enough irregularity to still produce a prominent slub character on the face. The dye is saturated with a green/black sulphur top that will gradually wear off and expose the blue indigo over time. There is not much grin thru from the weft yarn which affords the denim an overall 'edgier' aesthetic compared to a more traditional indigo. We expect to see a great vertical fade on these 18's with a lot of contrast once the indigo starts chipping off the high ridges of the warp yarns. This vertical fading characteristic is also known as Tate-Ochi, or “vertical falls”, in Japanese. Traditional red selvage iD finishes off this single run lot.
Denim is SANFORIZED.
Click here for size chart
- Our trademark Red Orange top stitching for authentic denim aesthetic
- Sewn & chain stitched in all the right places on vintage Union Special, Reece & Singer machines.
- A & E core spun poly thread for maximum strength & durability.
- Embroidered star insignia on the right back pocket represents ‘Made in America’ status.
- Button fly with double prong, donut style buttons. Old style pocket rivet burrs.
- All hardware is made in Kentucky.
- 6/7mm thick vegetable dye leather iD back patch.
- Leather back patches are cut & stamped in Los Angeles & waistband label is woven locally in Los Angeles.
- Every aspect of the production is US made in Downtown Los Angeles.