Currently In Pre Order Phase.
CONE MILLS R.I.P 1905 - 2017
On Oct 18th Cone Mills announced that after 112 years in business they would be officially ceasing all production and operations and permanently close the White Oak plant in North Carolina as of Dec 31st 2017. Cone is the oldest operating denim mill in the world and is the last to weave selvedge denim in the US.
Owning a pair of Cone Mills selvedge denim woven at the White Oak plant will not only be a badge of honor but a necessary addition to any serious or aspiring denim heads collection. Do not miss this opportunity to add this quality to your rotation while supplies last.
Selvage qualities in the 12oz - 16oz range is what Cone Mills did better than anyone else - workwear inspired denim. It invokes a nostalgic feeling of small towns and late night diners with a jukebox full of 45's. A timeless 3x1 RHT weave and an ARS x RS yarn are the foundation with the Midnight shade being used to dye the yarn. It has a sulphur top with an indigo base that will slowly emerge with multiple wears and washes. From the wash down swatches you can see the evolution of this selvage which to us is nothing but quintessential Cone. Nothing but a classic red selvage iD would be appropriate to represent this heritage shuttle loom denim.
Click here for size chart
- Red Orange top stitching for authentic denim aesthetic
- Sewn & chain stitched in all the right places on vintage Union Special, Reece & Singer machines.
- A & E core spun poly thread for maximum strength & durability.
- Embroidered star insignia on the right back pocket represents ‘Made in America’ status.
- Button fly with double prong, donut style buttons. Old style pocket rivet burrs.
- All hardware is made in Kentucky.
- Leather back patches are cut & stamped in Los Angeles & waistband label is woven locally in Los Angeles.
- Every aspect of the production is US made at our own facility in Downtown Los Angeles.