Currently In Pre Order Phase
This is a first time quality for us and a very limited one at that due to its weight and unique shade. The secret sauce is found in the dyed weft yarn this time around. Warp yarns get all the focus and rightly so, it's the yarn that determines the finished aesthetic of the selvage due to it being the predominantly visible (face) part of the weave. Weft yarns however, are the back of the selvage and don't get much attention due to sparse visibility on the face. We've always been drawn to experimental weft yarns as they can influence the look of the face of the denim more prominently when allowed to. This is done by dyeing the yarn with a contrast color or using unbleached or organic yarn. Using a colored weft yarn in the yellow/brown shade will give the selvage a vintage, aged appearance without having to use artificial commercial wash processes which is the typical way of achieving this look. We love how this selvage denim achieves this look due to the colored weft and extra long staple cotton used in this weave. The indigo on the warp yarn is a solid, saturated rope dye and would be considered on the darker spectrum of the dye range due to the multiple dips administered. Combined with the weft yarn this denim adds up to a monstrous 21.5oz of superbly crafted selvage with a vintage edge that will look broken in from the get go.
Denim is SANFORIZED.
CLICK HERE FOR SIZE CHART
- Red Orange top stitching with Natural leather patch and antique brass hardware.
- Sewn & chain stitched in all the right places on vintage Union Special, Reece & Singer machines.
- A & E core spun poly thread for maximum strength & durability.
- Tonal embroidered star insignia on the right back pocket represents ‘Made in America’ status.
- Button fly with double prong, donut style buttons. Old style pocket rivet burrs.
- All hardware is made in Kentucky.
- Leather back patches are cut & stamped in Los Angeles & waistband label is woven locally in Los Angeles.
- Every aspect of the production is US made in Downtown Los Angeles.